Tobacco manufacturer Altria Group has been repeated by TheStreet Ratings as a purchase with a ratings score of B. The cigarette maker’s power is demonstrated in many areas such as its firm stock price performance, rise in net revenue, revenue growth, enlarging profit margins and remarkable return on equity. The power surpasses the fact that the tobacco company has had actually poor debt management on most measures.
Important facts from the ratings comprise:
– The stock has not only increased over the last year, it has done so at a quicker step than the S&P 500, showing the profits growth and other good factors. Attracting attention to the next direction of the stock, it goes undoubtedly that even superior stocks can drop in a whole down market. But, in any other environment, this stock continues to have good upside potential contrary to that it has already increased in the last year.
– The net profit growth from the same quarter a year ago has surpassed that of the S&P 500 and the tobacco industry average. The net profit raised by 3.8 per cent in comparison with the same quarter a year prior from $937.00 million to $973.00 million.
– In spite of its growing income, the tobacco company worked under its ability level in comparison with the industry average of 1.4 per cent. Earnings rose a little bit by 1.3%. This growth in income turns out to drop to the tobacco company’s bottom line, ameliorating the earnings per share.
– The gross profit earning for Altria Group is high enough; now it is at 56.60 per cent. It has risen from the same quarter the last year. Together with this, the net income margin of 24.40 per cent is above that of the industry average.
– The corporation’s current income on equity rose by contrast to its ROE from the same quarter a year prior. This is a sign of important power within the company. When compared to other firms in the tobacco industry and the whole market according to return on equity, Altria has underperformed as compared with the industry average, but has surpassed that of the S&P 500.
Altria Group, Inc., the maker of famous Marlboro cigarettes deals with the manufacture and sale of various tobacco products – cigarettes, smokeless products, and wine in the United States and world-wide. The cigarette manufacturer has a P/E ratio of 20, below the average tobacco industry P/E ratio of 20.2 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
Altria Group has a market capitalization of $68.53 billion and is a part of the consumer goods sector and tobacco industry. Shares are up 13.6 per cent year to date beginning with the close of trading on Friday.
- Altria Group Third Quarter Earnings Preview
- Philip Morris International Reaches New 52-Week High
- Net profit of Altria Group tobacco holding